Best compost worm food Reviews :If you are reading this, then you already know about compost worm food is a great product for you, your family or any other person whom you are planning to buy. Don’t worry about price if you are looking for a compost worm food for any person or your home, office or personal use then also we have covered all kind of compost worm food. It doesn’t matter what’s your budget we have listed all minimum to maximum price budget details.
Thanks to e-commerce explosion, we now have a Sale more often and predictable than the monsoon. If compost worm food is your interest area, then you are at the right place and with the advent of new year, at right time. Investing in compost worm food has become very foggy with a lot of malicious product and fakes out there.
So, if you need a handy guide to ensure that your investment is safe, look no more beyond our Ultimate Buying Guide for compost worm food. Here we bring out the best in the compost worm food which you can safely buy in 2020.
613 reviews analysed
1. Worm Factory Wf360b Composter Black
- The redesigned lid converts to a handy stand for trays while harvesting the compost.
- The Worm Factory 360 has a standard 4-Tray size which is expandable up to 8 trays, giving it the largest volume of any home composter.
- The accessory kit provides basic tools to make managing the Worm Factory 360 easier.
- Built in “worm tea” collector tray and spigot for easy draining.
- Includes Manual and a Warranty included after product registration.
- The redesigned lid converts to a handy stand for trays while harvesting the compost.
- The Worm Factory 360 has a standard 4-Tray size which is expandable up to 8 trays, giving it the largest volume of any home composter.
Composting with worms allows you to turn kitchen scraps, paper waste and cardboard into nutrient-rich soil for your plants. The Worm Factory 360 composting system makes the entire process quick and easy. With a thermo siphon air flow design, the Worm Factory 360 increases the composting speed. Now you can produce compost much faster than traditional composting methods. This version of the Worm Factory 360 comes in black, and it’s also available in green and terracotta.
Why the Worm Factory 360?
Americans throw away 34 million tons of food waste into landfills each year, more than any other type of waste (EPA.gov). While traditional backyard composting has its place, the process can take up to two years and rotating it can become a chore. Worm composting uses worms to do the work of breaking down waste and is more efficient and easier to manage than a traditional backyard compost pile. In addition, its compact design makes it perfect for use in any household.
Worm composting makes it easy to recycle kitchen scraps, paper waste and cardboard into nutrient-rich fertilizer for your plants, creating a more sustainable lifestyle by recycling and improving soil quality. The Worm Factory 360 houses thousands of composting worms in a compact space. These worms work 24/7 to efficiently produce highly beneficial, rich compost packed with microbes and water-soluble plant nutrients.
This eliminates all the work of traditional composting and yields a much more valuable end product. Worm compost has been proven to have ten times the nutrients of traditional backyard compost. The more nutrients that are available to your plants, the larger they grow and the more bountiful your harvest is. This system allows you to enjoy organic vegetables, fruits, and flowers grown with the help of your kitchen scraps.
How the Worm Factory 360 Works
At A Glance
The Worm Factory 360 is simple to set up and operate. Managing your Worm Factory 360 takes less than 15 minutes a week.
Included with each Worm Factory 360 are a comprehensive instruction guide and DVD that make setup easy and give detailed tips on how to best manage your new Worm Factory 360 year-round.
Start with just the bottom tray and bedding material included. Add 1lb of composting worms and start filling the tray with household waste. The worms will process and recycle the waste into fine compost full of nutrients. When the first tray is full, stack another on top. Each tray has a grid bottom, so worms migrate upward as new food is added.
As waste is broken down, moisture filters through the system, taking nutrient-rich particles with it. This makes it possible to harvest organic liquid fertilizer right from the spigot.
Adding household waste to the Worm Factory 360 is easy; just open the lid and toss the food in. Fruits, vegetables, grains, paper, eggshells, leaves, coffee grounds and more can be added. Three foods to avoid are diary, meat, and citrus items; these can be harmful to the worms and are difficult to compost. Feed your worms about 50 percent food scraps and 50 percent fiber and paper. This creates the optimal environment for worms and finished compost. The goal is to recycle what you usually throw away.
Don’t worry about feeding your worms every day. Some people feed them a handful a week; some people feed them a handful a day. The general rule of thumb is worms can eat about half their weight in food per day. This means that if you start with 1 pound of worms, they can eat a half pound of food per day. Worms can survive up to two weeks without any additional food. Just feed them a bit extra before going on long vacations.
In a healthy environment, composting worms will maintain their population without over or under populating.
Odorless Year-Round Operation
Your waste production isn’t seasonal and your composting efforts shouldn’t be either! Composting is no longer limited to the warm months. The Worm Factory 360 can be used indoors or outdoors, allowing year round operation. When managed correctly, the Worm Factory 360 is odorless, making it the perfect composter for apartments, kitchens, condos, garages, porches and more! Because of its unique design, the Worm Factory 360 allows oxygen to flow through the system, discouraging stinky garbage odors.
It is important to note that worms are living creatures, and cannot tolerate extreme temperatures. Keep the Worm Factory 360 so that the bedding remains between 40 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, or where you would personally feel comfortable.
The Worm Factory 360 is expandable vertically, allowing a high compost capacity while maintaining a very small footprint. When full, each tray weighs 12.5 pounds, making lifting and arranging trays effortless.
The Worm Composting Cycle
Your first tray will take about three months to become fully composted by the worms. After the first tray is composted the other trays can take as little as a month depending on the waste added. Once you harvest your finished compost from the bottom tray, you will have an empty tray to stack on top again.
The nutrient-rich finished compost can be used in your garden, raised beds, container gardens, or on houseplants. Even if you’re not a gardener, the Worm Factory 360 helps you reduce your impact and provides an alternative to throwing your waste into the landfill. Worm compost not only adds vital nutrients to your soil, it also conditions the soil to hold water longer, prevent plant disease, and promote healthy root growth.
Take one step in the green direction with the Worm Factory 360 and create a healthier, happier environment.
Expandable Multi-Tray design gives the largest volume from the smallest footprint. Temperature is maintained indoors or out.
Odorless operation when following provided instructions for indoor use.
Ideal For Households of 1-4 people, additional trays can expand the worm factory to handle larger households.
One Step assembly right out of the box for easy, quick setup.
Made in the USA with high-quality recycled materials and includes a 10-year warranty.
Year Round production of compost when optimal temperature is maintained indoors or out.
- Mineral rock dust. Adds nutrients to your finished compost and beneficial to the worm composting process. 4 Stacking Trays. Large capacity right out of the box; can also be expanded with additional trays (sold separately)
- Quick Tips Lid. Quick reference for how to feed your worms. Converts to handy stand for trays while harvesting compost.
- Accessory Kit. The accessory kit provides basic tools to make managing the Worm factory 360 easier, including: thermometer, hand rake, and scraper.
- Worm Ladder. Assists worms back into the upper trays.
- Base with Spigot. Built-in “worm tea” collector tray and spigot for easy draining.
- Instruction Manual and DVD. Step-by-step directions will guide you through every step.
- Bedding Materials. Worm bedding helps ensure your success.
Compare Worm Factory Models
|Worm Factory Standard||Worm Factory 360|
|Number of Trays||3-5 (expandable up to 7 trays)||4 (expandable up to 7 trays)|
|Footprint||16 by 16 inches||18 by 18 inches|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
|Lid Style||Standard flat||Dome vented|
|Quick Start DVD|
|Accessory Tool Kit|
All models available in black, terracotta, and green
- Although i found out i have a worm phobia threw this product i’m still so happy with the product.
- I didn’t come with the dvd, paper guide, themoter, or coconut coir.
- Everyone seems delighted with the new digs, and the fruit flies seem to have mostly buzzed off.
- Thanks for the thought put into this product.
- I explained my disappointment with the missing items and ralph szidthat he just had had to move warehouses and he was the entir… Read More
- Insulates the smell of the compost quite well, works well indoors and outdoors
- But this was ready right out of the box.
- I enjoyed the process, except for when it was time to remove the compost and separate it from the worms!
- I love the soil this produces. It’s not difficult, and my worms who are doing their best to save the planet are as healthy as t… Read More
- Love it. Put my worms in it set it up instructions or easy to follow. My worms are thriving !
- I’m really loving how well this set-up works. It took about 3-4 months to really get going, and since I was filling up a tray e… Read More
2. Yimby Tumbler Composter Color Black
- Excellent aeration – all our composter models feature aeration holes as well as deep fins to break up clumps inside the chamber and mix lots of oxygen into the compost. Tumbling composters allow FAR greater aeration than standard models.
- Easy to use – fantastic for beginners! the large openings and removable door make it easy to add Scraps/clippings and remove finished compost. Deep fins on the body provide great ergonomic handholds.
- Durable construction – BPA free UV inhibited recycled polypropylene is contact safe and will not degrade under direct sunlight. The galvanized Steel frame is corrosion resistant.
- Two composter chambers are better than one – two separate sides allow the first side to finish while leaving the second side available to add fresh Scraps/clippings. Continuously swapping sides after finishing will create an uninterrupted flow of rich, healthy compost. Total capacity 37 gallons (5 cu ft)
- Tumbling composter – avoid digging and mixing your compost pile by hand. The tumbling design makes mixing easy and efficient. Just close the door and turn it 5-6 times every 2-3 days. In hot sunny conditions and with a proper balance of ingredients the compost can finish in as little as 2 weeks.
- The original 8 sided dual chamber tumbling composter. Beware imitations.
If you are the sort of a person who doesn’t compromise on quality and is ready to shell a little extra then Yimby Tumbler Composter Color Black is your choice. They say you either buy a quality product once or buy cheap products every day, the cost comes to same.
The new Yimby Tumbler Composter Color Black comes with best Price. It is industry’s most trusted, most preferred and quality Compost Worm Food and it considered as Gold Standard by many users as well as non-users.
If you are looking for a long-time investment with a quality Compost Worm Food then don’t look beyond Yimby Tumbler Composter Color Black. The product is featured, highlighted and appreciated in Reviews of Compost Worm Food in 2020 and this has been backed by many users.
- As is the product works as described.
- I hope that’s as easy as everything else about this product.
- 2) the screws are very low quality.
- I did not have trouble with the assembly but because of the above, it just required a bit of time and generally ignoring the te… Read More
- The quality of the product is on par with the price.
- I am delighted with the assembled product but the instructions for assembly left out critical alignment detail that required me… Read More
- Okay, not fast, but not all day either.
- The only drawback is that it can be difficult to assemble out of the box.
- It does leak out of the bottom so might want to put a tray under it but otherwise i love this thing.
- Works well, but I wish it had a crank so I don’t have to get my hands wet with rotting compost.
- Not the easiest to put together because of the rolling but it’s doable. My mom loves it. Very easy to use and move. I bought 2.
3. 4 Tray Factory Compost Small Compact
- HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT-Let worms transform your kitchen scraps into nutrient-rich organic fertilizer.
- INCLUDES – 4 pieces of working trays, a rack, and 1 pc of Spigot
- AIR VENTILATION & MINIMIZE ODER-Odorless making this worm farm a great solution for small space.
- AFFORDABLE & PORTABLE-Has a sleek design excellent for indoor & outdoor use year-round production.
- FULLY FUNCTIONAL-Worms migrate upwards as they go, leaving behind rich compost and worm tea
Going ahead with our list, we have something very specific to a specific audience. Yes, 4 Tray Factory Compost Small Compact has a very selective audience with specific taste. It satisfies customer expectations (Given that your expectations don’t cross a limit) and it adds value for money but more importantly, it adds a style to the user which can be your fashion statement.
4 Tray Factory Compost Small Compact is definitely the must-buy for those who need a little of both quality and price efficiency and as per our analysis, 4 Tray Factory Compost Small Compact easily gets the award of Best Compost Worm Food Under 100$.
- This is small if you are wanting to accumulate a large quality of worm compost, but perfect for a small family.
- You don’t want to add food scraps and leave them there with the worms still eating in the tray below it.
- It’s a little cheap in terms of quality – when i attached the spigot, i immediately know i wouldn’t even try to use it.
- Happy with the bin bit not the seller.
- Happy with the purchase but, if your looking for something that will use up your entire food waste than you probably want to go bigger.
- My only complain is i wish they have holes on the walls for more ventilation.
- On this product needed hole on the tap by air ventilation to maintain worms alive
- Food is a mix of coffee grounds banana peel lettuce egg shell and cofffee filters for carbon all ground up.
- Nice compact composter that keeps my little wiggle worms happy.
- I had a large worm bin in the past. Needed something small for my small apartment. Perfect size. Nice and compact. I have it under my sink.
4. Unco Industries Wwsb15lb Earthworm Fertilizer
Unco Industries Wwsb15lb Earthworm Fertilizer is a veteran in the market and has been here for a long time. It offers something of a unique feature which no other competitor offers.
Go for Unco Industries Wwsb15lb Earthworm Fertilizer if you want to try out something of a fusion of new and classic. Fun & Interesting Fact about Compost Worm Food is that even though Unco Industries Wwsb15lb Earthworm Fertilizer is a veteran, the users are mostly younger generation. You can say fashion makes a turn after a century or so and things repeat.
5. Wigglers Infographic Refrigerator Wiggler Composting
- Forget if it’s okay to dump French fries in your worm bin? Simply check the magnet! Potatoes are fine in moderation, but fried foods are off-limits. Put the fries somewhere other than in your worm composting bin.
- Perfect for use with the Worm Factory, the Vermihut, and any other worm composing kit.
If you are buying a Compost Worm Food for the first time, then you should have Wigglers Infographic Refrigerator Wiggler Composting. It has fewer features when you make Compost Worm Food comparisons of Wigglers Infographic Refrigerator Wiggler Composting with any other Compost Worm Food but what it has is ease of use and best in class service. Go ahead and Grab a Compost Worm Food, grab any Compost Worm Food but if you are first time user and want a good experience do not look anywhere other than Wigglers Infographic Refrigerator Wiggler Composting
6. Jobes Organics Compost Starter 09926
- Jobe’s Biozome improves soil conditions, helps resist disease, insects, and drought during the growing season
- Apply every 4 to 6 weeks
- Speeds up the composting process
- Certified organic means no synthetic chemicals
- Guaranteed fertilizer analysis: (4-4-2) 4 pound bag
- Organic compost starter with Biozome
- Jobe’s Biozome…the proprietary microorganism archaea that aggressively breaks down organic material for faster results
- Ideal for compost piles
- OMRI listed for organic gardening by USDA
- Easy pour bag
Jobes Organics Compost Starter 09926 is a relatively new and late entrant in the market but surprisingly has surpassed beyond &Quot;What Can Red Wigglers Eat?&Quot; Infographic Refrigerator Magnet For Live Red Wiggler Worm Composting Bins – An Essential Accessory To Any Worm Farm Starter Kit – Perfect For Kids &Amp; Adults which have been in market longer than anyone. Jobes Organics Compost Starter 09926 brings you the best of the quality in the lowest possible cost. The Best feature of Jobes Organics Compost Starter 09926 is what has kept in the market.
It certainly makes appearance in Reviews of Compost Worm Food in 2020 owing to its price penetration strategy in the market. If you own a Compost Worm Food and it could be any of the high value Compost Worm Food, chances are that would be much costlier than Jobes Organics Compost Starter 09926. Jobes Organics Compost Starter 09926 will have more than 50% of all its features.
- Very please with the consistent results i get from this for my spinning compost bin.
- I’m very happy with the way it speeds up the compost process.
- I highly recommend this, especially if you are struggling with poor soil quality and lack access to high quality compost.
- Amazon’s logistics has no policy (special instructions) for shipping smelly items separately so they combined it in the same bo… Read More
- Makes wonderful compost-very fertile soil.
- Strong fish food odor, which is probably O.K. but NEVER COMBINE WITH OTHER ITEMS IN AMAZON SHOPPING BASKET
- ! PROCESS SEPARATEL… Read More
- I enjoy working in the garden and know how great compost is for everything you grow. This helps speed the process some in maki… Read More
- Easy to use but it stinks really bad!
7. Unco Industries Earthworm Fertilizer 4 5 Pound
Wiggle worm soil Builder pure worm castings are surely Mother Nature’s best kept growing secret. You need only use a small amount in or around your houseplants, vegetables & flowers. The miracles of the earthworm are easily seen in the beautiful growth & yields of your plants. The nutrients in earthworm castings are plentiful. Most importantly, these nutrients are perfectly balanced in two forms. One form can be immediately absorbed by the plant as if it were directly injected & the other form is able to provide Nutrition which slowly feeds the plant for long periods of time. This makes Wiggle worm soil Builder very cost effective because small amounts provide incredible results & last a long time.
8. Utopia Kitchen Stainless Compost Countertop
- Sturdy, stylish and sleek design complements any decor so that this kitchen compost bin can sit conveniently on your counter-top or wherever you need it
- The charcoal filters trap and control odors naturally in the bin so you can keep the compost bin in a handy place on your counter until the bin is full
- You can let the scraps build up during the week without worrying about attracting flies, pests or bad smells into your home
- This compost bin having capacity of 1.3 gallon is manufactured with high-quality grade 201 stainless steel for optimal longevity and durability that won’t scratch, crack or chip
- Easily wash with warm soapy water and for cleaning of the filter, you shall place your dirty charcoal filter in the bin containing dish-washing soap and allow it to soak
- I love the quality of this bin, it’s the perfect size for counter top or under the sink as well.
- I just got this last week so it hasn’t been cleaned yet but i really like this product.
- Love the convenience of keeping it inside and i empty it weekly.
- Excellent product. Don’t smell anything. Works as advertised. Looks good on the counter. Don’t waste your time buying the biode… Read More
- Hold my kitchen scraps until I’m ready to take them out to the compost pile. It’s stainless steel so it’s easy to clean and doe… Read More
- This is a nice attractive, solid compost bin. My only issue is that it needs to be emptied more often than I expected.
9. Miracle Gro Small Composter Capacity Gardening
- ✔ REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT – Studies show that approximately one third of the world’s food supply goes to waste. But with Miracle-Gro’s rolling compost box you can do your part to change that. Save your compostable food scraps, help the environment, and cook up some compost that your plants will love!
- ✔ TURN YOUR FOOD WASTE INTO GARDEN GOLD – Transform kitchen and garden waste into rich, fertile compost – the gardener’s treasured “black gold!” Ready-to-use compost will be yours in just 4-6 weeks, thanks to Miracle-Gro’s unique aeration system. Internal mixing bars speed up decomposition to make growing a happy garden easier than ever!
- ✔ FREE BONUS GIFT – Achieve your garden goals with a FREE pair of Scotts multi-purpose gardening gloves! Each pair is latex-free, water-resistant, and features a no-slip grip, perfect for both indoor and outdoor projects. Grow your green thumb with Scotts and Miracle-Gro!
- ✔ YEAR-ROUND, HASSLE-FREE – Why should composting be a seasonal activity? Miracle-Gro’s heavy-duty design lets you keep your compost going all year round! The sturdy side-locking mechanism ensures easy loading and unloading, while the durable construction maintains a tight seal. And BPA-free, food grade, UV-protected plastic, means you won’t need to worry about harmful toxins.
- ✔ NO SPACE? NO PROBLEM! – Don’t let tight spaces keep you from composting! Miracle-Gro’s outdoor compost bin tumbler is small enough for even the tiniest spaces! The 18.5gal (70L) volume perfectly fits your balcony, porch, patio, or rooftop garden. Finally you can compost from anywhere!
Miracle Gro Small Composter Capacity Gardening is again a mid of quality and price. It offers limited features in this pricing. There is another variant of Miracle Gro Small Composter Capacity Gardening which falls into premium category but Miracle Gro Small Composter Capacity Gardeningis specifically targeted for mid-segment.
Miracle Gro Small Composter Capacity Gardening offers such a amazing features which makes it better than 70% of Compost Worm Food available in the market today. Miracle Gro Small Composter Capacity Gardening was our personal favorite and was voted as most admired product in TOP 10 Best Compost Worm Food to Buy in 2020 – TOP Picks. We hope it makes to that list again this year.
- Also a good price for the quality.
- For the price, you can’t beat the quality.
- I put it together myself with a screwdriver – i was fairly easy, other than i did have to give the sides a few good whacks with… Read More
- My issue was with the instructions to assemble it.
- The composter has small holes in the tumbler and i need to tape these up, but it is doing a great job for me.
- A lot cheaper than most other models i’ve seen.
- Took him avout 45 mins or so as he was working with our 9 year old.
- I found it very easy to assemble I love it And its strong
- Easy to assemble- took about 30 minutes, only requires a Phillips screwdriver. Very small footprint (15 x 24 inches) for small… Read More